Saturday, June 12, 2010

People and Their Horseshit

I truly believe that life presents lessons to us on a regular basis.  Sometimes we walk through the lesson not realizing we are in school.  This week I was fully aware of the lesson and I made some decisions that I may have to pay for later.  However, I don't regret shit. ;o)

I took a day trip to DC for a brief meeting.  I purchased my bus ticket for later in the evening, with the option to pay a little extra to leave earlier.  The meeting ended early so I headed to the bus station in enough time to make the 4:30pm departure.  The attendant, Tanisha Gibson (on blast trick!), said that she couldn't put anymore people on that bus and that I should return for the 5:30pm bus.  She didn't quite say it that way, she said "can't put no more on, next bus is leaves at 5:30pm...you can try then."  So I went across the street to the Starbucks and had a latte.  I came back around 5:15 and stood online with the other customers.  She loaded all of the regular ticket holders and then she started calling names from what looked like a makeshift roster.  I wasn't sure what this roster was but it appeared to be a "stand-by" list.  So I asked how those people got on the list.  She literally ignored me.  Rude!  When I realized what was going on, I came to the conclusion that she either purposefully or mistakenly didn't tell me to put my name down on this "stand-by list".  So I asked her why she didn't put my name down on the list for 5:30pm.  She started up on some ghetto tirade that put all the blame on me.  Now, I've taken this trip several times between New York and D.C., and each time that I have encounter this lowlife, she is rude,short fused and down right disrespectful to people.  Today was not the day, and I wasn't about to let this bitch keep me in D.C. all night for no apparent reason.  Her power trip was carried out.  She allowed up to eight people to get on to the 5:30 bus and I was still standing in D.C. when that bus pulled off.  It would be an entire hour before the next bus would arrive, so I decided to use my time wisely.  I used that hour to tell her ass off!.  I told her that her ghetto mentality and the power tripping had no place in a work environment.  I recounted the many times she was rude to people and her behaviors during the interactions.  I was rude, short and I had a nasty tongue with her.  I was giving this bitch back what she gave to customers on a regular basis, and I ended with "you're a nasty piece of work and somebody needs to put you in your place and I don't mind being the one to do it."  

Ahhhhhh.  Weeks and weeks of build up.  This bitch finally got what was coming  to her.  So, the 6:30pm bus arrives and I stood dead in front of her "stand-by" line staring right at her. I said to myself "If I am not on this bus, I will be sitting in jail tonight."  I knew there was some truth to what I was saying to myself and she must have read my mind because my name was one of the first names she called out."  Of course, it should have been the first name, but she couldn't allow herself to totally do what's right. That's not her nature.  Nonetheless, I dealt with this trick as if nothing from the previous hour occurred, paid the additional fee, and got on the bus.  

A few people came up to me after our bout and told me their personal stories of how she has mistreated them in the past.  I vowed to them that I would write a letter to the company expressing my distaste and asked that they do the same.  This week I learned a lesson about patience.  Patience is not about taking people's shit.  Patience is about dealing with people in a slow and calculated manner.  Had I gave her a piece of my mind weeks ago, in a slow and calculated manner, I may not have had to hand her her ass on a platter this week.  Either way, the deed is done, and I got that shit off my chest.  Karma may revisit the matter and put me in another explosive episode, but I truly believe things are now balanced out.    

Moral of the story:  If someone is giving you fever, don't let it become your fever.  Address it then and there.  And to Tanisha Gibson, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from posting negative comments!