Thursday, June 14, 2012

Creating Some Place To Go

I'm easy to get under, but hard to get over.
Be careful with me, cause...
I’m in your blood…all in your space,
I affixed that smile upon your face,
I am not to be taken for granted.

When I’m gone I’m like bad wine, bitter,
Trickling quickly down to the floor,
I’m like a baby with fever,
Pained--peace no more.

Treat me good while I’m here,
And I’ll have no other place to go,
Do you prefer sweet to bitter,
Or will we drink with smiles?

When you recount these moments,
You’ll see that I’m pure good,
When you reach for these memories,
You’ll realize that you didn’t see me.


As if I was all those other he’s,
Who burned your kind soul,
If only you could forgive them,
I would have no other place to go.

I’m easy to love, but hard to hate,
You’ll try, but my mark will birth smiles,
I’m in your head, your crawl, you heart, your balls,
Yet I am leaving ‘cause you took me for less.

Every kind gesture, every simple smile,
They will mean more when I gone,
Like cheap old wine,
I trickle down your spine,
Spilling on the floor,
I evaporate,
No more.

By Badilisho
http://ibwriting.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from posting negative comments!